Understanding the latest research and encouraging dialogue on future trends is critical for the accounting profession. Our research and thought leadership program provides the tools for CPAs to learn, stay informed and evolve. It prepares CPAs to seize the opportunities of the future while protecting the public interest in the face of disruptive change.
Informed by in-depth research and interviews with experts, CPA Ontario’s thought leadership whitepapers are designed to spark discussion about the future of the accounting profession.
Research from our university and college partners
To foster collaboration and knowledge mobilization between academia and industry, CPA Ontario supports research exploring the issues and ideas that will advance the accounting profession.
Funding for this research is provided by CPA Ontario. We support freedom of speech, academic freedom and freedom of research. The views expressed in these research papers and commentary are not necessarily the views of CPA Ontario.
Environmental, Social and Governance Issues
CPA research centre partners
CPA Ontario partners with post-secondary institutions at universities and colleges across the province and have developed seven research centres including
- Queens University: CPA Centre for Governance and Accountability
- University of Toronto: CPA Ontario Centre for Accounting Innovation Research
- York University: CPA Ontario Centre in Digital Financial Information
- Western University: CPA-Ivey Centre for Accounting and the Public Interest
- University of Waterloo: CPA Ontario Centre for Performance Management Research and Education
- Brock University: CPA Center for Public Policy and Innovation in Accounting
- Wilfrid Laurier University: CPA Ontario Centre for Capital Markets and Behavioural Decision Making
Additional post-secondary institution partnerships
- University of Toronto Mississauga
- University of Ottawa
- Ryerson University
- Carleton University
- University of Guelph
- Ontario Tech University
- McMaster University
If you have any questions about CPA Ontario’s research and thought leadership initiatives, please email: email@example.com.