Beginning of Main Content
Ivey Academy and CPA Ontario - Leadership Development Pathways
Designing for an Interconnected World as a CPA
NOTE: This course is delivered virtually over six weeks and includes 24 hours of learning. Expect highly interactive live sessions led by expert Ivey faculty, small peer learning groups, online simulations and self-paced learning journeys.
HOW YOU LEARN
Through expert-led seminars and deep discussion with peers, you will gain vital insights on the potential for tangible change – in your business and in society.
This course blends contemporary academic research with practical, case-based, experiential learning and real-world expertise. Gain actionable business insights and access to a network of alumni that supports continuing individual growth.
Participants should identify a real-world challenge in their organization or business area before attending.
Learning methods include:
- Self-paced learning activities including pre-recorded videos, readings, case studies, private forums and self-reflection exercises
- Live, faculty-led sessions featuring expert Ivey faculty
- Peer learning sessions in which participants share experiences, exchange ideas and collaborate to solve challenges together in virtual breakout groups during a larger session
- Online simulations of realistic challenges in which leaders can test action against immediate feedback in individual or team-based scenarios
- Recognize the value of dynamic systems approaches
- Learn the difference between dynamic systems approaches and traditional business analysis
- Gain practice tools and techniques to help you design for dynamic systems
- Discover new ways of seeing yourself in a system
- Network with other forward-thinking leaders representing organizations in diverse sectors
- Draw from contemporary research in innovation and design from the Ivey Innovation Learning Lab
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This course is designed for tenured CPAs who are senior executives (e.g. VPs, Partners, General Managers, Executive Directors) with strategic decision-making responsibilities, who may want to run their own company or work in other industries. They should possess five to fourteen years of experience.
While not required, we often recommend that two leaders from one organization attend together to maximize learning outcomes. This helps to generate dialogue and maximize learning outcomes for your entire team, not just course participants.
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
Tima Bansal is a Professor of Strategy at the Ivey Business School. She is also the Director of Ivey’s Centre for Building Sustainable Value and the Executive Director (and Founder) of the Network for Business Sustainability, a growing network of approximately 8000 researchers and managers from around the world committed to advancing sustainable business. Tima teaches at all levels of business and has also facilitated executive seminars in managing diversity, valuing business sustainability, engaging stakeholders, and socially conscious consumerism. Tima has received significant accolades for her scholarship in business sustainability. She was most recently inducted to the Royal Society of Canada, which is among the highest accolade for academics and artists.
Develop a practical and successful negotiation approach that can be applied anywhere, anytime.
The Ivey Academy and CPA Ontario Leadership Development Pathways are a collaboration between CPA Ontario and The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School to deliver professional leadership development tailored for emerging and established CPAs alike.
Please visit our website for more information on this unique learning experience and how to earn a Certificate in Leadership.